PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] Razor-qt

Jengist
January 3rd, 2012, 12:18 PM
I'm using Lubuntu 11.10. I've added the Razor repos but can't login using Razor. My login manager now lists Razor desktop along with a few other Razor variants (Openbox, Metacity, kwin etc) but when I use my username and password, I just get sent back to the textbox where the username goes. There are no errors or comments about it.

I can use the login manager to get an LXDE, Lubuntu or Openbox session and I'm hoping someone can help me out with getting Razor to run.

euclidean
January 4th, 2012, 07:28 AM
I'm using Lubuntu 11.10. I've added the Razor repos but can't login using Razor. My login manager now lists Razor desktop along with a few other Razor variants (Openbox, Metacity, kwin etc) but when I use my username and password, I just get sent back to the textbox where the username goes. There are no errors or comments about it.

I can use the login manager to get an LXDE, Lubuntu or Openbox session and I'm hoping someone can help me out with getting Razor to run.

Hmm. I am getting the same result with Lubuntu 11.10 running under VBox 4.0.14 (under Kubuntu 11.04). I thought Lubuntu would be a perfect test platform for Razor-qt...

vancheese
January 4th, 2012, 05:07 PM
Glad it isn't just me!
I've the same problems with an amd64 install

james_xxx
January 15th, 2012, 03:53 AM
It would be great to find a fix for this.

Even running 'razor-session' from the command line is not working here.

oldrocker99
February 26th, 2013, 12:11 AM
This is puzzling to me; I'm typing this from within Razor-qt, which I installed from the PPA, and I can log in on my Acer 5516 (single-core, 16MHz) 32-bit 12.10 lubuntu installation, and on my Kubuntu 12.04 64-bit desktop. I have had no problems. I will state that my desktop has (ahem) Cinnamon, GNOME 3.x, KDE 4.10, MATE, Razor-qt, Unity and XCFE. I am thoroughly impressed with Razor-qt's low footprint and how it doesn't tax a machine that would be breathing hard using 2D Unity.

I wish I could offer a solution to your problem,