PDA

View Full Version : [xfce] Panel in Xubuntu

jord1981
January 3rd, 2012, 03:01 AM
I recently switched my Ubuntu install to Xubuntu. Panel was not loading on startup, so I added it as an application in the Application Autostart list under Session and Startup.

Thereafter, about 5 instances of panel launched on boot. I removed it from the autostart list but now I continue to get many instances on each boot, the number seems to be growing.

Does anyone know how I can fix this and get neither 0 instances nor 10, but just 1?

Many thanks in advance.

Paddy Landau
January 3rd, 2012, 03:52 PM
The only thing I can think of is to entirely reset your settings.

I don't know specifically where the settings are held for the panel, so in your place I would back up my data; completely empty my home folder of all hidden folders and files (i.e. folders and files beginning with "."); log out; log in again.

If you still get a problem, I would suspect something got corrupted during the installation.

mike555
January 4th, 2012, 07:24 PM
better to do a clean install of Xubuntu (not into Ubuntu)and copy only certain things from your /home folder (not old .settings )

andrewc
January 4th, 2012, 09:50 PM
In my exprience XFCE setttings can occasionally get corrupted. Log in under another window manager (or at the recovery console) and delete or rename:

~./cache/xfce4 (if it exists)
~/.cache/Thunar
~/.cache/sessions
~/.config/xfce4
~/.config/Thunar