PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] cant install aps

archieburden9
January 2nd, 2012, 07:11 PM
i cant install aps on linux ubuntu 11.10. when i start to download then it says cant because aptdaemon. also, next to the skype logo and the keyboard there is a red circle with a white line through it and i want to know how i can fix this because its really affecting me.

cortman
January 2nd, 2012, 08:24 PM
i cant install aps on linux ubuntu 11.10. when i start to download then it says cant because aptdaemon. also, next to the skype logo and the keyboard there is a red circle with a white line through it and i want to know how i can fix this because its really affecting me.

Posting one question per thread will make things easier for us who help.

What is aps? There's nothing like that in the Ubuntu repositories. Are you thinking of something else, or did you add a third party repo to download it from?

Old_Grey_Wolf
January 2nd, 2012, 08:46 PM
Enter this command in a terminal and post the output you get
sudo apt-get update

Then enter this command and post the output you get
sudo apt-get upgrade

archieburden9
January 3rd, 2012, 05:34 PM
when i do sudo aps-get update it comes up with the update manager and then i try and install them and it wont let me because of the apt daemon thing.
when i type sudo apt-get upgrade it says the usual things like it will take up ** memory and then i type y and continue then it comes up with the light blue screen with the configuring java thing and it wont let me click ok or type ok or anything

oldos2er
January 3rd, 2012, 06:50 PM
In the future just copy and paste all the terminal output into your post, it makes things a bit easier for those trying to help you.

To accept the Java EULA, use the Tab key to highlight 'Ok' then press Enter.

cite72
January 3rd, 2012, 06:53 PM
I have the same problem.. :(

Old_Grey_Wolf
January 4th, 2012, 12:18 AM
I have the same problem.. :(

Enter this command in a terminal and post the output you get
sudo apt-get update

Then enter this command and post the output you get
sudo apt-get upgrade

archieburden9
January 8th, 2012, 08:03 PM
it dosent matter anymore i got it fixed.

--lock thread

oldos2er
January 8th, 2012, 09:58 PM
it dosent matter anymore i got it fixed.

It would be most helpful if you could post the solution, and mark the thread as 'Solved' (under Thread Tools).