PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Xscreensaver disabled at shutdown?

onipar
January 1st, 2012, 07:29 PM
I have Ubuntu 11.10 installed. Yesterday I followed this guide (http://www.liberiangeek.net/2011/10/enable-screensavers-in-ubuntu-11-10-oneiric-ocelot/) in order to uninstall the Gnome screensaver (black screen) and install Xscreensaver. Everything worked fine. The first time I opened Xscreensaver, a dialog opened stating that it ws not running, and asked if I wanted to run it. I said yes. It worked all day.

This morning, when I restarted the system, I noticed the screensaver I had chosen did not go on, just the blank screen. When I opened Xscreensaver, the dialog opened again, asking if I wanted it to run on this monitor (like the first time). The exact message is as follows: "The Xscreensaver Daemon doesn't seem to be running on display ':0'. Launch it now?"

So, I'm wondering if there's a way to keep Xscreensaver running even after shutdown? I don't want to have to tell it to run every time I shut down.

Thanks! :D

onipar
January 2nd, 2012, 07:01 AM
Any ideas? :)

onipar
January 3rd, 2012, 01:00 AM
Well, I solved it with a little help elsewhere. Simple fix (and my own stupid fault). I misspelled the xscreensaver command line in the start up applications. So if anyone finds this thread searching for the same problem, I'd start there. ;)