PDA

View Full Version : Happy New Year from Cairo-Dock!

benpack101
January 1st, 2012, 07:06 PM
This morning, after rebooting my machine, I got a happy new year 2012 message from my Cairo-Dock (that I use as my Desktop Environment)! Now that pretty awesome if you ask me! :KS

MoonBlossom
January 2nd, 2012, 12:30 AM
I just got the same on my computer. That was a really nice surprise :KS

Linuxratty
January 2nd, 2012, 02:20 AM

Never heard of that!

neu5eeCh
January 2nd, 2012, 03:04 AM
Hey! I got one too. Pretty classy.

alphacrucis2
January 2nd, 2012, 03:09 AM
I installed cairo dock from the PPA to see that :p. One question about the Cairo dock session, the log out icon seems to only allow shutdown, restart, hibernate, no actual logout :?:

cgroza
January 2nd, 2012, 05:03 AM
Can't believe that dock checks the date every time it starts :D.

benpack101
January 2nd, 2012, 01:00 PM
@alphacrucis2: Upon right click of the logout button, it gives you the option to logout (it also suggests the middle click to log out). The lock screen option is also available through that menu.

You can also go into the settings and configure what you want a left or middle click to do.

BrokenKingpin
January 3rd, 2012, 05:52 PM
Is anyone using cairo dock with Xfce, and if so how is the compatibility? I was thinking of giving it a try, but was worried it might be a bit heavy and bring in a lot of gnome dependencies.

neu5eeCh
January 4th, 2012, 12:34 AM
I installed cairo dock from the PPA to see that :p. One question about the Cairo dock session, the log out icon seems to only allow shutdown, restart, hibernate, no actual logout :?:

It's the difference between right and left clicking the shut down applet. Can't remember which it is. Try both.

neu5eeCh
January 4th, 2012, 12:44 AM
Is anyone using cairo dock with Xfce, and if so how is the compatibility? I was thinking of giving it a try, but was worried it might be a bit heavy and bring in a lot of gnome dependencies.

On the same laptop, I have Xubuntu (all larded up with Gnome dependencies) and in another partition -- lean, mean XFCE Crunchbang. I honestly don't notice any difference in speed. If I had to bet, #! is probably faster, and noticeable if you're Phoronix, an uber-nerd, and you're benchmarking.

Claus7
January 4th, 2012, 12:45 AM
Hello,

This morning, after rebooting my machine, I got a happy new year 2012 message from my Cairo-Dock (that I use as my Desktop Environment)! Now that pretty awesome if you ask me! :KS

really nice! and the balloon icons!! nice touch! let the Cairo-Dock developers keep up the good work!

Happy new year!
Regards!