PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 11,10 live CD

sirkeith
January 1st, 2012, 05:52 PM
This is weird to me. Recently I downloaded Mint 12 to try. My wife is moving up from Lucid Lynx. Anyway it had to go on a DVD. Stuck the disk in to try and was amazed at how Mint worked off the dvd. And I also downloaded 11.10 and copied to a cd. Seemed like a typical ubuntu live cd for me. Can't tell nothing and hangs up. Anyway this morning I copied the iso to a dvd and it works as well as mint did. Both disks of the 11.10 iso are copied from same file using Brasero and I have never had a good live cd. Doesn't make any sense to me but I thought I would throw it out there.

2F4U
January 1st, 2012, 06:02 PM
It is indeed kind of strange. I never had problems with Ubuntu liveCD's. Did you try using a different CD brand?

yugnip
January 1st, 2012, 06:05 PM
It is strange, same iso works on one medium and not the other. I guess it's kinda moot though, as 12.04 is heading towards dvd rather than cd installation anyway.

At least you have it working.

sirkeith
January 1st, 2012, 11:46 PM
I have since I started with ubuntu had more success with updates than cd's and iso's. I guess it must be me. I have tried varied brands of cd's until moving to this location where it costs too much to get stuff freighted in. With Lucid I think I ended up with 6 cd's before I got one to install, and all had md5sum that was correct.

Anyway, thought I would mention it.