PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu_studio] Need modules for VMware

bloodshot13
December 31st, 2011, 11:12 PM
What do I need to do to get VMware running again? I need to run my windows 7 for work websites and Itunes. I was running it fine on a different kernel. Since I updated, it quit working. I can't find "modules" for this kernel.Is there modules for this kernel? Should(Can) I try another kernel? Can I boot to another kernel? I'm running UbuntuStudio 11.04 kernel 3.0.0-13 lowlatency. It is very important that I'm able to get into Windows. I can get onto my friends ,Windows, computer, but I would like to be able to do it on mine. I work for ATT and I have to get onto my work e-mail to print documents off. When I try to find my work e-mail web sites it states"server not found". Thanks for any help

bloodshot13
January 5th, 2012, 08:08 PM
Bump.

bloodshot13
January 7th, 2012, 02:42 PM
I keep getting updates for another kernel. Why is that? Do I need these updates to run VMware or will it replace my low latency kernel?

Johnaudi
January 7th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Try up VirtualBox !!!
Vmware is a good source but I use VB for easier set up

bloodshot13
January 7th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Try up VirtualBox !!!
Vmware is a good source but I use VB for easier set up

Thanks, but I need to use the Windows OS I already have installed in VMware, as I do not have the Windows7 CD anymore. Also, if I do reinstall Windows in VB, will I have to "re-do" all of my Itunes configs(music,vids,ect). I'm not sure, because it will be the "same" computer. Does VB work better with Ubuntu?

bloodshot13
January 7th, 2012, 10:09 PM
Wellllll.I have found a Windows7 disk I used with VMware and it worked. I've tried installing Win7 on Virtual Box and I get an error message. I'm not sure if it's because of the Kernel. I'm not a programmer or even close but I pretty sure I'm installing it correctly. I'm gonna try a different Linux OS to see if that will work in VB.