PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Adding more screensavers to Xscreensaver?

onipar
December 31st, 2011, 09:24 PM
I've already installed xscreensaver on my Ubuntu 11.10, and it's working fine. There are a TON of screensavers to choose from within the program, but I was wondering if there are other that I can add? Specifically, my father wanted a Grateful Dead screensaver, but as far as I can tell, this isn't like in windows where you can just Google a type of screensaver and install it.

Is it possible to get outside screensavers?

Thanks!

TomAwezome
December 31st, 2011, 11:55 PM
Well, I'm not really too sure about adding in extra screensavers, but you can use the GLSlideshow screensaver to show a slideshow of specified images.

onipar
January 1st, 2012, 12:08 AM
Well, I'm not really too sure about adding in extra screensavers, but you can use the GLSlideshow screensaver to show a slideshow of specified images.

Oh, cool. Well, hat's something at least, thanks for the tip.

Anyone else aware of other screensavers that can be added in, or downloaded separately.

Frogs Hair
January 1st, 2012, 02:40 AM
There may be some at the link , but I see mainly Gnome . http://gnome-look.org/index.php?xcontentmode=187&PHPSESSID=5069f12f7e6c67cf76f59f6dd9d35c96

Bucky Ball
January 1st, 2012, 03:05 AM
Just get a Grateful Dead pic and add that to your screensavers. You can use whatever pic you want. If it doesn't fit as you'd like (or looks crap when stretched or scaled) then resize the pic with Gimp. ;)

In the 'Advanced' tab choose 'Use random image'.

onipar
January 1st, 2012, 05:31 PM
Thanks, I'll check out the link. I guess i could do the picture thing too. Edit: Also, I'm marking this as solved. Thanks again!