PDA

View Full Version : Email service/client?

mrbambocha
December 31st, 2011, 06:10 PM
Hey.
What the securest free email service that works with email clients?
I have Hushmail but the free version doesnt work with email clients. I dont care about encryption aso, but I dont want them to track my IP and other things.

Hows it googles email service? I dont like googles concept, what they could become, but it seems like I need a google email adress for android market, or is there any other solution?

oldos2er
December 31st, 2011, 06:40 PM
Moved to Community Cafe.

Frogs Hair
December 31st, 2011, 06:54 PM
I have been happy with GMX since dumping Windows Live , but I can't answer the ip address question .
http://www.gmx.com/

Dry Lips
December 31st, 2011, 07:22 PM
Hey.
What the securest free email service that works with email clients?
I have Hushmail but the free version doesnt work with email clients. I dont care about encryption aso, but I dont want them to track my IP and other things.

Hows it googles email service? I dont like googles concept, what they could become, but it seems like I need a google email adress for android market, or is there any other solution?

My suggestion: Sign up with Lavabit.com (they have a great privacy police), install Thunderbird plus the Enigmail extension which gives you encryption.

pretty_whistle
January 1st, 2012, 04:25 PM
Here's a funny article about Hushmail:

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2007/11/hushmail-to-war/

Not that it addresses concerns you have but there are some people who have the concern and would be surprised to hear it.

sirkeith
January 2nd, 2012, 12:27 AM
gmx.com and clawsmail and scroogle for search engine.

LinuxCharms
January 2nd, 2012, 02:26 AM
I like Gmail personally.

collisionystm
January 2nd, 2012, 02:34 AM
I like Gmail personally.

me dos.

How is any email secure if its not sitting on a server in your own home?

How much trust are you willing to put into some internet statement?

I see no email as being secure, unless its on your own server.

I choose gmail because of its storage size and features. It works great. From what I hear canonical handles its email on the back-end through gmail.