PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a Galaxy Player 5.0?

TheNerdAL
December 31st, 2011, 11:30 AM
Thinking about getting one and the only thing that worries me is the screen since the resolution is low on a 5 inch screen.

Does anyone have one that can tell me whether the screen is good or bad?

mamamia88
December 31st, 2011, 04:46 PM
I don't have one personally but it looks decent. Personally it looks way too big if you just want it for music. I got a clip zip rockboxed and a 32gb card for about $60 total. If i want video on the go I have my phone and i'm getting a playstation vita in a few months

kerry_s
January 8th, 2012, 01:28 AM
the screen is great, i love mine. it's just like a mini tablet, carry it every where's i go.

wolfen69
January 8th, 2012, 02:12 AM
the only thing that worries me is the screen since the resolution is low on a 5 inch screen.

Resolution really isn't an issue on a small screen like that. It's "Hi-def" for all practical purposes.

doorknob60
January 8th, 2012, 05:12 AM
I have a 4.0, so obviously the screen is smaller, but on the 4.0 the resolution is more than good enough. It's a great device, and the quality of the screen is very good, so I'd say the 5.0 would be the same. Sure, the screen is a little bigger and the same resolution, but not enough to make it look noticably worse.

kerry_s
January 8th, 2012, 06:11 AM
I have a 4.0, so obviously the screen is smaller, but on the 4.0 the resolution is more than good enough. It's a great device, and the quality of the screen is very good, so I'd say the 5.0 would be the same. Sure, the screen is a little bigger and the same resolution, but not enough to make it look noticably worse.

i think the only real difference is battery size between the 2, everything else should be the same. the battery is great on mine, did 15 hours yesterday, ran it till it turned off.

wolfen69
January 8th, 2012, 08:13 AM
The Galaxy Player is an offshoot of of the Galaxy S android phone. Sure, I would love to have a galaxy player, but I got a Galaxy S for $25, so...... ;)

kerry_s
January 8th, 2012, 08:21 AM
The Galaxy Player is an offshoot of of the Galaxy S android phone. Sure, I would love to have a galaxy player, but I got a Galaxy S for $25, so...... ;)

can't beat that price. you get the ics update yet?
i paid $200 for my galaxy player 5.0, i'm praying we get the ics update, but some how i don't think Samsung will do it.

wolfen69
January 8th, 2012, 08:39 AM
can't beat that price. you get the ics update yet?
i paid $200 for my galaxy player 5.0, i'm praying we get the ics update, but some how i don't think Samsung will do it.

I'm still running 2.2 and can't update. Oh well, I don't know if it's a feature or a bug, but for what I use it for, it's more than enough. I have a nice linux compatible media player.

kerry_s
January 8th, 2012, 08:45 AM
I'm still running 2.2 and can't update. Oh well, I don't know if it's a feature or a bug, but for what I use it for, it's more than enough. I have a nice linux compatible media player.

bummer, still at least you can do flash. :-)