PDA

View Full Version : clean monitor?

Matrix01
December 30th, 2011, 06:30 PM
how do u clean this 10 inch monitor screen on HP Mini netbook?

cortman
December 30th, 2011, 06:37 PM
You're not really serious, are you....?

More info????

JRV
December 30th, 2011, 06:39 PM
I use a used fabric softener sheet.

oldos2er
December 30th, 2011, 08:21 PM
Not an Ubuntu support question; moved to Community Cafe.

del_diablo
December 30th, 2011, 10:07 PM
Just like you would clean normal glass I guess.
Then again, most people have no idea how to do that.

wolfen69
December 30th, 2011, 11:36 PM
I just moisten a soft paper towel with water and wipe it down. You don't need anything fancy.

wolfen69
December 30th, 2011, 11:37 PM
Just like you would clean normal glass I guess.
Then again, most people have no idea how to do that.

Just don't use glass cleaner. ;)

sammiev
December 30th, 2011, 11:39 PM
Avoid any strong cleaner and use a soft damp cloth. Usually water with a very weak soap solution.

coffee412
December 31st, 2011, 12:14 AM
I repair computer equipment for a living and have found the best thing to do this.

Mix 1 part white distilled vinegar with 3 parts water. But be sure to use only pure water from a bottle. Coming from your tap, Water has all kinds of minerals and such in it that will show up when it dries.

Spray it on a cloth (not papertowel) and make sure to cover the whole screen. Then use another soft cloth to buff it off. You will not believe your eyes!

Thats how we do it in the field and its pretty cheap to do. I mix up a batch and put it in a spray bottle and keep it in the shop.

Using any other cleaner you can actually damage the screen. Something like windex will really screw up the screen.

Also, Clean soft cloth says a lot.

Matrix01
December 31st, 2011, 05:42 AM
can alcohol be used on screen?

sammiev
December 31st, 2011, 05:51 AM

I would not recommend alcohol.

Paqman
December 31st, 2011, 08:40 AM

Sure, but nobody smokes on screen any more.

F.G.
December 31st, 2011, 01:55 PM
i use the vinegar method suggested by coffee412 (although i usually use tap water rather than the deionised stuff, and even brown malt vinegar if i can't be bothered to find the white stuff).

mix some vinegar in water, use a glasses cloth, dab, wipe, carefully apply. be careful not to put too much on, and not to wipe too hard or vigorously. the grime comes off, the water evaporates streaklessly. i was really happpy when i first used this method, and found that i then had a spotless screen.

alcohol? hmm... i don;t know what monitor screens are made of, but i don't think that alcohol dissolves plastics, so maybe i would be ok.