PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] additional places in datetime-indicator

tobias81
December 30th, 2011, 05:14 PM
Hi all,

so I'm sure this is a stupid question but it's been taking way to much time already....

I'm trying to add other places in the "datetime-indicator" applet, so I went into the menu enabled "show time in other places", clicked on "select places" -> UTC was already pre-populated and that's fine... BUT there are only half of the timezones available... is there some sort of trick to it?

i.e. I try to add San Francisco but when I start typing at least 20 suggestions pop up but none of them is san Francisco, Los Angels doesn't work either -> both of which work on my other laptop which is a 11.04... (this is a fresh install of 11.10 btw)....

any ideas? ... cause I'm running out...

I checked /usr/share/zoneinfo/America/* and at least Los Angeles is there ....

Toby

Frogs Hair
December 30th, 2011, 07:29 PM
I was able to add Los Angels , which now appears below my calendar . It appears Los Angels is the only major city represented for California I think because the state has one time zone . Chicago is the only city listed for my area of the country even though I don't live in Illinois . I am part of the central timezone though.

I would logout and back in or restart and see if LA appears . If you have many locations to keep track of the GWorld Clock in the software center my be worth a try . I have used it before , but no longer have a need for it .

tobias81
December 31st, 2011, 01:55 PM
thanks frogs hair for your reply.

yeah don't have a lot of locations to keep track and it's just a neat future. I've been using it a lot. I did try to restart and all but to no avail. I actually remember to have had this problem before on an older version of ubuntu but than it just magically disapeart ... I think I'm probably just missing some sort of dependency, the question is just which one.... not sure..

nobody else seeing this issue?

Frogs Hair
December 31st, 2011, 03:38 PM
If it is a dependency problem you could check the missing recommends section in the synaptic package manager . I have commands to reset the panel and applets in pre 11.10 Ubuntu , but I don't know much about Gnome 3 yet .