PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] unionfs-fuse and /etc/fstab

dentaku65
December 30th, 2011, 01:48 PM
Hi,

I'm trying to link multiple folder into a single mount point via unionfs-fuse.

My idea is about to have Ubuntu One and Dropbox into a single directory(space); I've been able to create in console without issue.
First I've created the mount point:

mkdir $HOME/MyCLOUD
Then launch the unionfs-fuse:

unionfs-fuse $HOME/Dropbox=rw:$HOME/Ubuntu\ One=rw $HOME/MyCLOUD
All is well. I can see the content of both cloud services in a single disk and if I copy some files, the files are correctly updated to the distinct services (upon the directory I choose).

For instance I've applied a green emblem on Dropbox directories in order to distinguish them from the directories of Ubuntu One.

http://oi40.tinypic.com/rbz78n.jpg

I've try to put the whole thing in /etc/fstab in order to have MyCLOUD disk/space mounted at the beginning but without luck; in fact adding this on /etc/fstab:

unionfs-fuse#/home/sava/Dropbox=rw:/home/sava/Ubuntu\ One=rw /home/sava/MyCLOUD fuse cow,allow_other 0 0
And giving a sudo mount -a command I receive this error:

[mntent]: line 25 in /etc/fstab is bad
Does anyone knows hot to configure unionfs-fuse in fstab?
I really puzzled on it.

TIA
Den

satanselbow
December 30th, 2011, 02:13 PM
Does anyone knows hot to configure unionfs-fuse in fstab?
I really puzzled on it.

I quick google of "union-fs fstab" threw up this: https://grangerx.wordpress.com/2010/12/31/using-fuse-unionfs-with-centos-5-5-i686/

dentaku65
December 30th, 2011, 02:18 PM
I quick google of "union-fs fstab" threw up this: https://grangerx.wordpress.com/2010/12/31/using-fuse-unionfs-with-centos-5-5-i686/

Thx for using google for me :-)

If you read the article, this folk speaks about unionfs (/usr/bin/unionfs) that do not exist anymore on Ubuntu since Lucid I guess, not unionfs-fuse; unionfs-fuse# <with_parameters> did not work as I post on #1

satanselbow
December 30th, 2011, 02:36 PM
I guess, not unionfs-fuse; unionfs-fuse# <with_parameters> did not work as I post on #1

Sigh...

Didn't look at any of the other results either then...

I don't think you can use the "$HOME" variable in fstab anyway, can you?

dentaku65
December 30th, 2011, 02:52 PM
Sigh...

Didn't look at any of the other results either then...

I don't think you can use the "$HOME" variable in fstab anyway, can you?

Correct; it is wrong to use $HOME in /etc/fstab, but I've already tried with full path; does not work too.

dentaku65
December 30th, 2011, 03:13 PM
Ok, solved...

even if not in elegant way, I mean without fstab

Extract my $HOME full path:

$HOME = /home/sava/
Then edit rc.local

sudo gedit /etc/rc.local
And add these lines at the end:

#Create MyCloud
unionfs-fuse -o allow_other -o cow /home/sava/Dropbox=rw:/home/sava/Ubuntu\ One=rw /home/sava/MyCLOUD

exit 0
Make rc.local executable:

sudo chmod +x /etc/rc.local
Reboot.
Now I have my single cloud point mounted automatically with the two services on it (Ubuntu One and Dropbox).

I considering this solution partial, because the goal was to use the fstab.

sisco311
December 30th, 2011, 07:19 PM
You have to replace the space in the path with \040:

unionfs-fuse#/home/sava/Dropbox=rw:/home/sava/Ubuntu\040One=rw /home/sava/MyCLOUD fuse cow,allow_other 0 0

dentaku65
December 30th, 2011, 11:47 PM
You have to replace the space in the path with \040:

unionfs-fuse#/home/sava/Dropbox=rw:/home/sava/Ubuntu\040One=rw /home/sava/MyCLOUD fuse cow,allow_other 0 0

Thanks! It works flawelessy.

Just for completeness, it is necessary to add fuse in /etc/modules in order to have unionfs-fuse capable to mount fuse filesystems