PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] black screen

8paolo9
December 30th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Hi!
I have this problem: I try to install Ubuntu on my notebook with dual graphics (AMD Radeon HD 6470M and AMD Radeon(TM) HD 6220G) but when it start to install the screen become black. I have read a lot of guide but I could not solve my problem. I have written ubuntu on USB device with Unebootin; when it starts i press TAB and modify ...quiet splash -- in "...quiet splash nomodeset". After this i see the pink screen of ubuntu and then it goes in this screen:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/402/89638238.jpg/http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/402/89638238.jpg/
(The post don't leave me put this image also if i press the button IMG, sorry)

How can continue the installation?

Thanks in andavance

Paddy Landau
December 30th, 2011, 04:34 PM
Why do you add nomodeset?

8paolo9
January 2nd, 2012, 11:21 AM
because i don't wanna use the KMS. So, ubuntu 10.10 works good but i have not to install the driver by ubuntu (by the option driver hardware or samething like this) but i have to download the catalyst because if i download the driver by ubuntu (by the option driver hardware or samething like this) the screen became black. Do you know other way?
Thanks in advance

Paddy Landau
January 2nd, 2012, 12:05 PM
I don't quite understand. Are you telling me that the screen works by default, but you don't want to use it that way so you change it and then it doesn't work? Why don't you just use what works?

8paolo9
January 2nd, 2012, 02:24 PM
Sorry, I retry to explain my problem.
The installation run and immediatlly the screen became black. I Thought that the problem was the driver video. I tryed to run without the KSM (with nomodeset) but the problem persisted and then i tryed also in secure graphic mode. Now it works good. Thanks for the interest. :)

Paddy Landau
January 2nd, 2012, 05:45 PM
Ah, OK, the installation was at fault.

Is it working now?

8paolo9
January 3rd, 2012, 08:40 PM
Yes, it worked..
Now, I have an other problem always with the black screen: after solve the first problem i have updated the OS with update manager. That's ok untill when i have rebooted the pc: when i have rebooted it has printed on the screen a lot of written white on black screen with, on the right side, the square braket with write inside OK or fault. After 5 second that i have seen that written the notebook blocks in that page. How can i solve?

Paddy Landau
January 4th, 2012, 11:18 AM
As long as your computer continues to boot normally, don't worry about it.