PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo mail

tc101
December 30th, 2011, 05:13 AM
I'm having more and more problems with Yahoo mail. Anyone else having problems?

LowSky
December 30th, 2011, 06:00 AM
i got rid of mine, not worth it

whatthefunk
December 30th, 2011, 06:02 AM
i got rid of mine, not worth it

Same here. Their new privacy policy plus the horrible New Yahoo Mail interface scared me off. Im using Fastmail now and liking it alot. Doesnt give a lot of storage space in the free plan though....

LowSky
December 30th, 2011, 06:40 AM
I should be more clear.
My account was hacked and used to spam bomb. It was the third time in years and I rarely used the account for anything worthwhile in about a decade so i got rid of it.
I have two other email accounts so there is no loss.

kurt18947
December 30th, 2011, 07:55 AM
There's a little trick with Yahoo! mail to get free POP. In N. America you have to pay for POP mail. If you put Asia in your profile you get free POP access so can use an email app instead of a web interface, no matter where you actually live. Having said that, I'm liking lavabit.com for a free email account. The web interface is sparse but that's okay with me. Thunderbird knows lavabit's setting so it takes seconds to set up a lavabit email account in Thunderbird.

jjex22
December 30th, 2011, 12:07 PM
I should be more clear.
My account was hacked and used to spam bomb. It was the third time in years and I rarely used the account for anything worthwhile in about a decade so i got rid of it.
I have two other email accounts so there is no loss.

Same here - I forgot I had it! it was set up 3 years ago when I was job hunting to take all the recruiter spam, not used it since, then just after this upgrade I got spammed from this yahoo mail account - fortunately it only had mine and no still relevant email addresses to attack, but what got me was that I hadn't used it and it's password was a 12 digit alpha numeric case sensitive code with symbols... it seems unlikely my account would have been hacked over someone who uses the password "password" or "pa55word" without access to my information? I make a point of ensuring that all my forgotten password info is alway made up - things like
Q- Mother's Maiden Name?
A-Cadbury's Selection Box
you get the idea.

I deleted the account but I've had so many issues with yahoo mail, I just give up on them - When I was at uni I set up 3 email addresses all with the same name, ending in @yahoo, @hotmail, and @gmail and ran them for one month without registering them on any websites or sending any emails, hotmail got nothing but the welcome email, gmail got a few google emails that you can opt out of, yahoo got ridden to the moon - it was in the hundreds! all the free money and organ extension you could want.

I do wonder if their client privacy is their open source department:lolflag:

shuttleworthwannabe
December 30th, 2011, 03:27 PM
Working here for me.

AgentZ86
January 5th, 2012, 03:18 AM
One of our computers cannot access yahoo mail always asks if you want to resort to a previous version of yahoo mail but you can't do anything at all

You just click every link on the page and can't get to the mail

If you go to yahoo.com you can get that page and click mail and takes you right back to the mail message to revert to previous message something about resolution not high enough but it's wrong.

So can't get the mail

whatthefunk
January 5th, 2012, 03:43 AM
One of our computers cannot access yahoo mail always asks if you want to resort to a previous version of yahoo mail but you can't do anything at all

You just click every link on the page and can't get to the mail

If you go to yahoo.com you can get that page and click mail and takes you right back to the mail message to revert to previous message something about resolution not high enough but it's wrong.

So can't get the mail

Try going here:
http://us.mc598.mail.yahoo.com/mc/launch

aeronutt
January 5th, 2012, 03:53 AM
Try going here:
http://us.mc598.mail.yahoo.com/mc/launch

That feels good! :)

I'm slowing switching all my email to zoho.com, after using yahoo for well over a decade.

whatthefunk
January 5th, 2012, 04:37 AM

I'm slowing switching all my email to zoho.com, after using yahoo for well over a decade.

I recently finished my transition out of yahoo mail...its really hard and I dont think Ill be able to officially close my yahoo account for at least a year. I still occasionally get emails from somebody from long ago that I didnt tell my new address to. My yahoo account was my first email account...sad to see such a great mail service go down the tubes.

shuttleworthwannabe
January 6th, 2012, 12:33 PM

Out of curiosity, why zoho.com, not gmail.com?

aeronutt
January 6th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Out of curiosity, why zoho.com, not gmail.com?

It was a close call, and not a strong reason. I just don't like depending on ONE company for all my web activities (Chrome, Google Search, etc.)

AgentZ86
January 6th, 2012, 02:08 PM
Older post but I'll express something similar

When I try to login I get this annoying message about setting the resolution etc. and the links there appear to be dead

However, if you right click the link and open in a new tab then this appears to have solved this for me and it no longer says this

It must have something to do with poppup blocker or java enabled on firefox or something I can only speculate

Hope this helps