PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] Firefox closing when mouse wheel moves to another workspace

Robbyx
December 28th, 2011, 12:11 PM
If I switch to another workspace whilst Firefox is open, FF closes without saving any content. I switch workspaces via the mouse wheel.

Has anyone else noticed this behaviour? It is causing me considerable trouble and loss of time.

MG&TL
December 29th, 2011, 05:42 PM
If I switch to another workspace whilst Firefox is open, FF closes without saving any content. I switch workspaces via the mouse wheel.

Has anyone else noticed this behaviour? It is causing me considerable trouble and loss of time.
No, I'm afraid not, as I can't use firefox (don't like it, also it's very slow on my machine)

However, if you open a terminal (LXMenu -> Accessories > LXTerminal

and type:

firefox

it will launch firefox. Do whatever you usually do to get it to crash, then post output from the terminal here, from "firefox" to "Robbyx@Robbyxcomputername:~/$"

Then we can see what is going wrong. Thanks!

amjjawad
December 29th, 2011, 05:49 PM

New thread, please!

nothingspecial
December 29th, 2011, 05:57 PM
New thread, please!

Done.

amjjawad
December 29th, 2011, 05:58 PM
Done.

You read my mind, thanks :D

Rodney9
December 29th, 2011, 10:02 PM

No problem here.

For How-To's, Information and Screen-Casts on Lubuntu go to the
Lubuntu One Stop Thread -

Lubuntu One Stop Thread (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1844755)

Rodney