PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 11.10 Gnome3 Gnome Shell system font

ontwowheels
December 28th, 2011, 08:34 PM
Anyway to make the system font black and not gray? Running 11.10 and Gnome Shell. Other than that mostly everything else is default. When I type in information in web pages the font is gray instead of black.

I have done a ton of searches and have come up empty.

This shouldn't be this hard...lol.

THANKS in advance.

flyingfisch
December 29th, 2011, 04:16 AM
did you try GNOME color chooser?

ontwowheels
December 29th, 2011, 02:10 PM
did you try GNOME color chooser?

Thanks for the reply, no I did not. I saw a reference to it in another post and tried to find it and did not. I looked in the package manager and didn't see it listed.

Frogs Hair
December 29th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Are you using a browser theme other than the default ? Themes can have their own background color settings in the search boxes , so the font may be a different color at times .

The Gnome Color Chooser in the software center on my 64 bit 11.10 installation , but I am wondering why you would need it to begin with .

ontwowheels
December 29th, 2011, 03:54 PM
Are you using a browser theme other than the default ? Themes can have their own background color settings in the search boxes , so the font may be a different color at times .

The Gnome Color Chooser in the software center on my 64 bit 11.10 installation , but I am wondering why you would need it to begin with .

No, not running browser theme other than default, pretty much a stock 64bit 11.10 install running the Gnome Shell. The system font is gray instead of black. I'll look again for the Color Chooser.

ontwowheels
December 29th, 2011, 07:02 PM
No, couldn't find anything in Gnome Color Chooser that lets me have a black font.....am I doomed to keep this gray font?