PDA

View Full Version : How to roll back to MYTHTV 0.23

stefanst
December 28th, 2011, 05:39 PM
My current problem is that I end up with a huge number of 0 byte recordings. I have to reset my HD PVR several times every day if I want MYTHTV to record everything.
I believe this issue started after upgrading to 0.24 from 0.23. We are currently running clean installs of Mythbuntu 11.10 on all machines.
Now I would like to keep 11.10, but roll back to MYTHTV 0.23. Is there an easy way of doing this? Can I just uninstall MYTHTV and then select an older version for install, or would I have to re-compile?

Thanks!

stefanst
January 13th, 2012, 08:08 PM
I'm apparently not the only one with this problem:

http://www.mythtvtalk.com/how-install-clean-0-23-mythtv-14217/

Any ideas?

nickrout
January 14th, 2012, 07:17 AM
My current problem is that I end up with a huge number of 0 byte recordings. I have to reset my HD PVR several times every day if I want MYTHTV to record everything.
I believe this issue started after upgrading to 0.24 from 0.23. We are currently running clean installs of Mythbuntu 11.10 on all machines.
Now I would like to keep 11.10, but roll back to MYTHTV 0.23. Is there an easy way of doing this? Can I just uninstall MYTHTV and then select an older version for install, or would I have to re-compile?

Thanks!

You can't unless you want to lose your database (or have a backup from the right database schema).

Best you track down your probelm, have you updated to the latest 0.24-fixes from mythbuntu-repos?