PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Lubuntu hosed my system

Silverflyer
December 27th, 2011, 11:46 AM
and now my perfectly running install of Ubuntu 11.04 with the Macbuntu theme, set up just how I like it, will probably have to go by by. How do I get rid of Lubuntu and go back to my happy friendly Macbuntu in Gnome Classic.

I would really rather not have to reinstall 11.04 from scratch.

kerry_s
December 27th, 2011, 12:34 PM
log out & select gnome in the session menu.

Silverflyer
December 27th, 2011, 06:41 PM
log out & select gnome in the session menu.

Ha, I wish it were that easy. when I try Gnome is completely messed up. At the moment, the only session I can log into and use is XFCE.

snowpine
December 27th, 2011, 07:28 PM
You'll have to be more specific than "completely messed up" if you want a meaningful answer...

Anyway here are instructions to completely remove lubuntu-desktop and get back to "pure" Gnome:

http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/puregnome

Silverflyer
December 28th, 2011, 04:49 AM
You'll have to be more specific than "completely messed up" if you want a meaningful answer...

Anyway here are instructions to completely remove lubuntu-desktop and get back to "pure" Gnome:

http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/puregnome

I followed those last night, despite that Lubuntu was still there. I started from scratch and reinstalled, and am in the process of returning my Ubuntu install to the state it was in before Lubuntu.

grahammechanical
December 28th, 2011, 03:25 PM
I learnt my lesson a couple of years ago. I have other partitions that I used for testing the variations of Ubuntu on. I now do my experiments on a spare install of Ubuntu. This way I do not mess up my main/working OS.

Regards.

Silverflyer
December 28th, 2011, 04:45 PM
I learnt my lesson a couple of years ago. I have other partitions that I used for testing the variations of Ubuntu on. I now do my experiments on a spare install of Ubuntu. This way I do not mess up my main/working OS.

Regards.

That is a good idea. I guess I learned the hard way.

pretty_whistle
December 28th, 2011, 07:54 PM
Personally I use disk images. Then if I want to go back to something because my testing failed, I just restore the saved image.