PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] notify-osd messages strange colour and style after installing gnome desktop

pipuntu
December 26th, 2011, 07:12 PM
I installed XFCE and Gnome to test some other environments but now I'm back with Unity (I really like it) but some how my messages are messed up.

I've tried reinstalling notify-osd in synaptic and removing some xfce and gnome packages. All to no avail & can't find anything else where of similar problem or ways to fix

I installed notifyconfig from a PPA on webud8 and changed colours, terminal said notify-osd: process not found and no changes occured - attached is screenshot to show how messages now look and terminal output.

I wouldn't mind too much but twitter updates appear all at once all across the screen and then vanish after a split second :(

pipuntu
December 27th, 2011, 06:12 PM
Any suggestions? I feel I just need to remove which ever package has over ridden notify-osd but can't find it. Removed xfce-notifyd, still the same.

My volume looks like this (see attached) hopefully it provides a clue...

pipuntu
December 27th, 2011, 06:29 PM
Ok, I spoke too soon, normal messages are back, suspect xfce-notifyd was the culprit, though no way of telling, reinstalled a bunch of unity and notify-osd stuff at the same time.

Fixed