PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] unetbootin trouble

Kite626
December 25th, 2011, 10:09 PM
I've tried the 11.10 iso that i got from using unetbootin i've also tried downloading 10.04 however both iso's hang on the syslinux screen.
I am using an Acer Aspire One Netbook, with the following
160gb hdd
1gb ram
intel onboard gpu
intel atom n720 at 1.6

I am using a 4gb san disk usb drive for the install, I'm positive it isn't the usb drive i've checked for bad sectors several times.

so Whats going on with unetbootin ? I didn't have this much trouble last time i used it btw I'm Using Windows XP(hopefully I can get that changed ).

snowpine
December 25th, 2011, 10:15 PM
Unetbootin is not developed by Canonical... Ubuntu has its own USB creator that works a lot better. :)

Instructions here: http://www.ubuntu.com/download/ubuntu/download

Kite626
December 25th, 2011, 10:18 PM
I'll Give that a try and yeah i know canonical doesn't develop unetbootin i just figured the forum is so massive maybe some one might have ran into my problem :P merry Christmas ;P

hatalar205
December 25th, 2011, 10:57 PM
I've used Unetbootin lots of times with no problem. I will write here how to do.

First I download the .iso file. I format the USB stick (You should format before every installation and I think you miss here). And install the .iso file. It is so simple. I hope it helps.

By the way the installation of .iso file to USB stick lasts aproximately 5 to 10 minutes. So be patient.

Mark Phelps
December 26th, 2011, 02:42 PM
I tried using unetbootin recently to create a new Ubuntu bootable USB stick -- and while it claimed to work, it would not boot.

So, I used the Universal USB Installer from PendriveLinux.com. It worked just great.

Kite626
January 2nd, 2012, 10:25 PM
Thanks guys yeah i got univeral to work and am now happily on 10.10 (after upgrade from 10.04). also i shoulda marked this a solved