PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] HDMI Showing pink and green!!

dewgong
December 25th, 2011, 08:40 PM
I'm running xubuntu 11.10 and when I plug in the hdmi cable, it's no problem getting picture, except the colours are only pink and green. Afer doing a bit of searching i think maybe changing the monitor settings to rgb might help but i can't find these settings anywhere.

inobe
December 25th, 2011, 09:22 PM
most important, do you have video drivers installed from "additional drivers" found in your menu?

grahammechanical
December 26th, 2011, 03:45 PM
It might be the HDMI cable. One of the wires might be broken or the cable might not be fully compatible with your connectors.

See the section Connectors

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI

Regards.

2F4U
December 26th, 2011, 06:22 PM
+1 for checking or replacing the cable. I never had to change RGB settings when connecting with a hdmi cable.

dewgong
December 26th, 2011, 09:38 PM
Well the video graphics car does seem to be working, and I have already used the cable from windows to the tv, which worked fine. I've tried all the different monitor settings i can find, but no luck..

Sunships
January 29th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Any solution found for this?

stavih
January 29th, 2012, 08:34 PM
Hi. I have no definitive solution, but I too sometimes see the same pink and green. It's intermittent, occurs sporadically, and goes away by itself. Sometimes I reboot to clear it. Don't know why it happens, I keep my system updated with all recommended updates. Sorry, no fix, but at least you're not the only one.

rossmoore
May 9th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Me too. Has anyone had a definitive fix by changing their cable? I'm willing to give it a go.