PDA

View Full Version : I have returned to Ubuntu from Windows!

TheNerdAL
December 25th, 2011, 01:52 AM
And boy did I miss it. Only problem I have is that I'm using a small CRTV monitor and it's not widescreen like the one I had that died.

Was getting bored of Windows, so I decided to reinstall Ubuntu again. Boy does it feel good. :D

Linuxratty
December 25th, 2011, 02:33 AM
I'm so used to it, Windows would be strange..And no virtual desktops either.

Basher101
December 25th, 2011, 02:36 AM
I'm so used to it, Windows would be strange..And no virtual desktops either.

the only thing i use windows for is to boot it up, go to Computer > D:\Games > select one > Play. I even terminated the internet connection for windows by uninstalling all network drivers...

TheNerdAL
December 25th, 2011, 02:40 AM
I even missed the default screenshot program that is in Ubuntu when you press the PrtScn key, it automatically lets you save it, where as in Windows, you have to paste it in Paint, then save it. :(

Linuxratty
December 25th, 2011, 04:07 AM
the only thing i use windows for is to boot it up, go to Computer > D:\Games > select one > Play. I even terminated the internet connection for windows by uninstalling all network drivers...
When I had XP,that's all i did with it as well.
Once I got to 30,000,000 0n the game I saw no point in playing it anymore and it and Windows went away.

IWantFroyo
December 25th, 2011, 04:10 AM
Last time I used Windows, it was to get the wallpapers.

And no, I'm way too hipster to do it online.

lisati
December 25th, 2011, 04:21 AM
I thought it had been a bit quiet around here lately! :D :D

I need to use Windows at work - installing Ubuntu on the machines there might not be appreciated - and occasionally for video editing at home. It feels good to get back to Ubuntu.

TheNerdAL
December 25th, 2011, 04:32 AM
I thought it had been a bit quiet around here lately! :D :D

I need to use Windows at work - installing Ubuntu on the machines there might not be appreciated - and occasionally for video editing at home. It feels good to get back to Ubuntu.

Yeah, the forums don't seem that busy when I came back to ask a question about something in General help, probably because it was late at night. :P

kaldor
December 25th, 2011, 04:37 AM
traitor!

/thread

IWantFroyo
December 25th, 2011, 04:45 AM
Yeah, the forums don't seem that busy when I came back to ask a question about something in General help, probably because it was late at night. :P

There's a clear gap in forum business. Sucks, because I'm on at night.

It's even quieter than usual because tomorrow's Christmas.

Anyways, welcome back!

hansdown
December 25th, 2011, 04:55 AM
And boy did I miss it. Only problem I have is that I'm using a small CRTV monitor and it's not widescreen like the one I had that died.

Was getting bored of Windows, so I decided to reinstall Ubuntu again. Boy does it feel good. :D

Welcome back. :D