PDA

View Full Version : GeeksLog

thobiasn
December 23rd, 2011, 08:20 PM
Hi there. I recently setup a blog on my ubuntu server. I just wanted to ask if you would spend a bit of your time to give me some feedback on the blog. Pro's and con's is much appreciated! :)

GeeksLog.org (http://www.geekslog.org)

Smilax
December 23rd, 2011, 11:14 PM
i like it

thobiasn
December 26th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Thank you :)

undecim
December 26th, 2011, 07:11 PM
not loading for me...

Majorix
December 26th, 2011, 09:22 PM
^This. You need a better server, one that has less downtime.

thobiasn
December 28th, 2011, 04:23 PM
^This. You need a better server, one that has less downtime.

It should be up now, my brother accidentally removed the internet cable from the server. I will try to get a more stable solution.

keithpeter
December 28th, 2011, 05:11 PM
Hello thobiasn

Looks nice and clean.

Did you write the php code to maintain your posts yourself?

If so, that's impressive. Well done you.

It should be up now, my brother accidentally removed the internet cable from the server. I will try to get a more stable solution.

I used to be in charge of the College Web site years ago in the early days. The cleaner kept switching the server off and complaining to the site manager that we were leaving computers on overnight. We had to put a notice on the power switch...

thobiasn
December 28th, 2011, 05:17 PM
Hello thobiasn

Looks nice and clean.

Did you write the php code to maintain your posts yourself?

If so, that's impressive. Well done you.

I used to be in charge of the College Web site years ago in the early days. The cleaner kept switching the server off and complaining to the site manager that we were leaving computers on overnight. We had to put a notice on the power switch...

Hello Keith

Thank you for the reply. Yes I enjoy writing the entire website myself, That way i get it just like i imagine :)