PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Toolbar in title bar like Unity

tortov
December 23rd, 2011, 05:09 PM
I am on Ubuntu 11.04 with Ubuntu classic (Gnome 2) and I want to know if there is some way to make the title bar show the toolbar when the mouse is over it, like Unity does (like this (http://www.webupd8.org/2011/02/unity-mockup-menu-integrated-in-window.html)). But unlike Unity, when the window is maximized I don`t want the title/toolbar to integrate with the top panel, but to remain under it (in other words, I don't want a function like AppMenu).

So, any ideas?

Thanks!

saneearth
December 23rd, 2011, 05:17 PM
Well, unfortunately Ubuntu classic is not "exactly" Gnome 2. If it were you would be able to right click and select hide. It would then work like the Unity panel in that it would hide itself or kind of like it as it would be hidden all the time until pointing to it. I don't think there is yet a good solution for this unless you wanted to downgrade to 10.10. Personally I find Unity rather functional after getting used to it. I think in the future upgrades things should/will have more configuration options. Likely there is someone out there that may know how to script exactly what you want to occur, but for now all I could say is that 10.10 would be the solution to what you want.