PDA

View Full Version : Merry christmas everyone

*^kyfds(
December 21st, 2011, 10:55 PM
merry christmas everone!

what are you guys doing for christmas?

forrestcupp
December 21st, 2011, 11:08 PM
Merry Christmas to you, too. And a happy New Year.

I have a bunch of family gatherings to go to. When you're married, the family events double.

Johnny3
December 21st, 2011, 11:20 PM
Merry Christmas and a happy New Year. Hoping for snow but it is going to be 70's so I think I am out of luck.
God Bless Johnny3 65++ and still ticking

satanselbow
December 21st, 2011, 11:24 PM
Oh no no no no no!

Christmas doesn't get a look in until the Winter Solstice has passed.

Happy Solstice everyone :popcorn:

philinux
December 21st, 2011, 11:33 PM
Oh no no no no no!

Christmas doesn't get a look in until the Winter Solstice has passed.

Happy Solstice everyone :popcorn:

Ditto. Looking for.ward to shorter nights :P

CoffeeRain
December 21st, 2011, 11:41 PM
Snowed today!

Elfy
December 21st, 2011, 11:54 PM
rained ...

overdrank
December 21st, 2011, 11:56 PM
Bah humbug. :D
Merry christmas

Elfy
December 21st, 2011, 11:56 PM
Merry Christmas to you, too. And a happy New Year.

I have a bunch of family gatherings to go to. When you're married, the family events double.

When you divorce the kiddy family events quadruple ... but as Xmas is a time for kids I guess that's the only good side of that :)

Elfy
December 21st, 2011, 11:58 PM
Bah humbug. :D
Merry christmas

mmm see previous from goblin - could be a +1 ... :)

Happy Xmas to all that celebrate it, happy Decmber 25th to those that don't.

Peace

Piskie

bluexrider
December 22nd, 2011, 12:14 AM
merry christmas everone!

what are you guys doing for christmas?

Single, no kids, no wife, no life

will be spooning out the grub at the shelter again this year.

Merry Christmas

KiwiNZ
December 22nd, 2011, 01:16 AM
We do our Christmas diner Christmas eve. Then Christmas day friends and family gather to eat the left over food from the night before.

This year the weather forecast is for a brilliant weather Christmas Day. The Marine forecast is for calm sea, 10 knot winds and fine, we will be out cruising on our boat in the afternoon and a BBQ on the foreshore for diner.

Dry Lips
December 22nd, 2011, 01:43 AM
Single, no kids, no wife, no life

will be spooning out the grub at the shelter again this year.

Merry Christmas

I know people with their own families who spends their Christmas doing charity;
it's definitively a very meaningful way to spend your Christmas. Perhaps "spooning
out the grub at the shelter" is closer to the genuine Christmas spirit than you think. :)
I highly respect what you're doing and I would earnestly hope that more people were like you.

Merry Christmas everyone!

MG&TL
December 22nd, 2011, 02:10 AM
We're not really doing christmas this year; we're saving the expense and giving to charity instead. I think it's a good idea (apart from the slight issues I have with the way charities are run, but it's christmas, let's not go there), but my mates all think it's a bit weird. But that's two of them :(, so I guess it's not a representative sample. :D

CoffeeRain
December 22nd, 2011, 02:19 AM
my mates all think it's a bit weird. But that's two of them :(, so I guess it's not a representative sample. :D

How true for everything... :|

cgroza
December 22nd, 2011, 02:57 AM
Merry Christmas everyone. And a happy New Year also :D.

Frogs Hair
December 22nd, 2011, 03:14 AM
A cool Yule to all !

IWantFroyo
December 22nd, 2011, 03:21 AM

I'm attempting polyphasic sleep. I'm hoping to start tonight. Specifically the Uberman cycle. I have to try it at least once.
Maybe I should make a thread on people's opinions about this. It seems cool, and I wonder what my fellow Ubuntu-ers think about it.

I'm also going to go on a ski trip with some relatives next week. They haven't determined what day, but hopefully it'll be far away enough from today that I'll be able to adapt to poly-ing before I hit the slopes.

@bluexrider & @MG&TL: I agree with Dry Lips. There should be more people like you in this world.

mamamia88
December 22nd, 2011, 03:27 AM
Nothing special maybe a big lunch with family then passing out gifts and playing videogames the rest of day. Just glad the store i work is closed.

CMXILies
December 22nd, 2011, 03:31 AM
For Christmas I am celebrating because the sunshine per day is starting to increase.

bluexrider
December 22nd, 2011, 06:32 AM

I'm attempting polyphasic sleep. I'm hoping to start tonight. Specifically the Uberman cycle. I have to try it at least once.
Maybe I should make a thread on people's opinions about this. It seems cool, and I wonder what my fellow Ubuntu-ers think about it.

I'm also going to go on a ski trip with some relatives next week. They haven't determined what day, but hopefully it'll be far away enough from today that I'll be able to adapt to poly-ing before I hit the slopes.

@bluexrider & @MG&TL: I agree with Dry Lips. There should be more people like you in this world.
Albert Einstein was noted to have polyphasic sleep patterns.

BTW thanks, Just trying to give back or pay-it-forward so to speak.

lisati
December 22nd, 2011, 07:02 AM
Hot-ish and humid here.
E manuia le aso Kerisimasi. (Happy Christmas!)

Albert Einstein was noted to have polyphasic sleep patterns.

BTW thanks, Just trying to give back or pay-it-forward so to speak.

Polyphasic? Is that when a parrot messess with/on the armaments? :D

inobe
December 22nd, 2011, 10:16 AM
happy holidays everyone, lots of love going out from my family to yours:)

forrestcupp
December 22nd, 2011, 08:20 PM
I know people with their own families who spends their Christmas doing charity;
it's definitively a very meaningful way to spend your Christmas. Perhaps "spooning
out the grub at the shelter" is closer to the genuine Christmas spirit than you think. :)
I highly respect what you're doing and I would earnestly hope that more people were like you.

Merry Christmas everyone!+1

We're not really doing christmas this year; we're saving the expense and giving to charity instead. I think it's a good idea (apart from the slight issues I have with the way charities are run, but it's christmas, let's not go there), but my mates all think it's a bit weird. But that's two of them :(, so I guess it's not a representative sample. :DIf I didn't have kids and a few family members who wouldn't understand, I would love to do that. I absolutely hate that Christmas has become all about who can do the most gifts. I'd rather give more to people who need it than give to a bunch of family members who don't.

*^kyfds(
December 23rd, 2011, 11:25 PM
it's not exactly a very merry christmas for us this year, but we're making the most of it.

it's basically been raining all day today, and pretty much all of my family are busy (me and my sisters are all revising for exams in the spring).

i'm excited for an inter-family competition we're having on christmas day - mariokart, wii sports and monopoly here i come ! \\:D/

coolbrook
December 27th, 2011, 02:50 AM
Merry Christmas to my favourite forum.

goldshirt9
December 27th, 2011, 09:54 AM
ho ho ho to all

Tibuda
December 27th, 2011, 10:50 AM
Happy dies natalis solis invicti.