PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 10x 64Bit Server - Can't authenticate to do upgrade.

nakedgoat
December 21st, 2011, 11:32 AM
started off with not being able to install a program via apt today;
so I logged in via NX graphically to look around, (the problems was sayign most of my repos were no good) when I got to the GUI it's saying that my current version is no longer supported and to upgrade to 10.04.3 LTS

So I am trying to use the upgrade option it downloads two files then fails with "Authentication fail authenticating the upgrade failed. There maybe a problem with the network or server."

There's not and I'm not able to run sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade, but I was able to update the software I needed to via the GUi installer, but then it gave me that message again about old software not supported and advised me to upgrade, however I can't update/upgrade if I can't auth to do so...

Sorry if this is a "repost" I spend a bunch of time looking around for a SOLVED answer, there has to be something besides building a USB key to upgrade from??

EDIT: Oh here's what it says when I try to check for software updates via GUI:

"Your Ubuntu release is not supported anymore you will not get any further security fixes or critical updates. Please upgrade to a later version of Ubuntu Linux."

Any help would be great! thanks in advance! :)

zvacet
December 21st, 2011, 01:49 PM
Witch version do you run

lsb_release -a

to find out.

nakedgoat
December 28th, 2011, 06:24 PM
witch version do you run

lsb_release -ato find out.

nakedgoat
December 28th, 2011, 06:34 PM

Trying to force an update... so far only one warning

WARNING: Failed to read mirror file

nakedgoat
December 28th, 2011, 06:36 PM
Trying to force an update... so far only one warning

WARNING: Failed to read mirror file

Got the same error again, wonder if I should stop of the update, and do a partial, then try a full.. right now its trying to do the full update anyway... I don't want to end up with a non-functional server!