PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Need help can't run ./msfconsole after installing metasploit on ubuntu 11.10

letter2u
December 20th, 2011, 05:52 PM
Hello there, I'm installing metasploit on my machine few hours ago, but after the installation
when I need to run the ./msfconsole on the terminal it said that I don't get the rubygems, but I checked it for sure that I already have the rubygems, so when I try to run the ./msfconsole it show this message

/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:36:in `gem_original_require': /opt/metasploit-4.1.4/msf3/lib/msf/core/auxiliary/report.rb:269: syntax error, unexpected ')' (SyntaxError)
from /usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:36:in `require'
from /opt/metasploit-4.1.4/msf3/lib/msf/core/auxiliary/mixins.rb:11
from /usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:36:in `gem_original_require'
from /opt/metasploit-4.1.4/msf3/lib/msf/core/auxiliary.rb:15
from /usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:36:in `gem_original_require'
from /opt/metasploit-4.1.4/msf3/lib/msf/core.rb:51
from /opt/metasploit-4.1.4/msf3/lib/msf/ui/console/driver.rb:1:in `require'
from /opt/metasploit-4.1.4/msf3/lib/msf/ui/console/driver.rb:1
from /opt/metasploit-4.1.4/msf3/lib/msf/ui/console.rb:10:in `require'
from /opt/metasploit-4.1.4/msf3/lib/msf/ui/console.rb:10
from /opt/metasploit-4.1.4/msf3/lib/msf/ui.rb:10:in `require'
from /opt/metasploit-4.1.4/msf3/lib/msf/ui.rb:10
from ./msfconsole:118:in `require'
from ./msfconsole:118

I'm wondering what's going on with this?

N.B. : Sorry for my bad english translation, and sorry if I put this thread on the wrong place of the forum, but for real I need your help :(

MAFoElffen
December 20th, 2011, 07:36 PM
Hello there, I'm installing metasploit on my machine few hours ago, but after the installation
when I need to run the ./msfconsole on the terminal it said that I don't get the rubygems, but I checked it for sure that I already have the rubygems, so when I try to run the ./msfconsole it show this message

/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:36:in `gem_original_require': /opt/metasploit-4.1.4/msf3/lib/msf/core/auxiliary/report.rb:269: syntax error, unexpected ')' (SyntaxError)
from /opt/metasploit-4.1.4/msf3/lib/msf/core/auxiliary/mixins.rb:11
from /opt/metasploit-4.1.4/msf3/lib/msf/core/auxiliary.rb:15
from /opt/metasploit-4.1.4/msf3/lib/msf/core.rb:51
from /opt/metasploit-4.1.4/msf3/lib/msf/ui/console/driver.rb:1:in `require'
from /opt/metasploit-4.1.4/msf3/lib/msf/ui/console/driver.rb:1
from /opt/metasploit-4.1.4/msf3/lib/msf/ui/console.rb:10:in `require'
from /opt/metasploit-4.1.4/msf3/lib/msf/ui/console.rb:10
from /opt/metasploit-4.1.4/msf3/lib/msf/ui.rb:10:in `require'
from /opt/metasploit-4.1.4/msf3/lib/msf/ui.rb:10
from ./msfconsole:118:in `require'
from ./msfconsole:118
I'm wondering what's going on with this?

N.B. : Sorry for my bad english translation, and sorry if I put this thread on the wrong place of the forum, but for real I need your help :(
I read that as what it said:
Syntax Error, unexpected ")"
Beyond that, I'm not familiar with that specific exploitation/penetration product, so I can't help you on where to look for that.

EDIT-- Where you should probably ask this is on the Rapid7 Community Boards... Where they are familiar with that product and it's installation.

letter2u
December 22nd, 2011, 08:00 PM
I read that as what it said:
Syntax Error, unexpected ")"
Beyond that, I'm not familiar with that specific exploitation/penetration product, so I can't help you on where to look for that.

EDIT-- Where you should probably ask this is on the Rapid7 Community Boards... Where they are familiar with that product and it's installation.

Hi MAFoElffen!

thanks for your answer, I'll look there for the answer then :D

Dangertux
December 22nd, 2011, 09:35 PM
You need to be running it as root.