PDA

View Full Version : svn commit failed / database locked

ufuser01
December 19th, 2011, 08:38 PM
Hi,

I am using a network drive for my subversion repository (between multiple machines). I am the only one who uses this repository and I recently started using a different machines (accounts being the same, only machines changed)

Of late, I am seeing this error

Transmitting file data ..... svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: database is locked
|
|

To over come this, I do a "svn update" and select (mf) and then I see that there is a "Conflict discovered" showing a compiled .o file, and the update is successful.

Why is this happening? I don't see this conflict for any of the source files. Only the compiled file has this issue.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Arndt
December 20th, 2011, 08:57 AM
Hi,

I am using a network drive for my subversion repository (between multiple machines). I am the only one who uses this repository and I recently started using a different machines (accounts being the same, only machines changed)

|
|

To over come this, I do a "svn update" and select (mf) and then I see that there is a "Conflict discovered" showing a compiled .o file, and the update is successful.

Why is this happening? I don't see this conflict for any of the source files. Only the compiled file has this issue.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Is there a particular reason for checking in the compiled file?

mukteshpatel
March 5th, 2013, 06:03 PM
Hi,

|
|

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

This problem is because cifs mounting.

See here detail solution : http://techathon.mytechlabs.com/qa_forum/discussion/3/svn-commit-failed-database-is-locked