PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Wallpaper Clock

Nir Friedman
December 19th, 2011, 07:34 PM
These worked perfectly, built in, in 11.04. Now when I go to desktop settings and set the background to wallpaper clock, I have a blank grey screen and it's impossible to select a wallpaper clock. Help?

Nir Friedman
December 19th, 2011, 07:44 PM
Nevermind, it is working now, kind of buggy showing up twice in the menu one works one doesn't but bottom line is that I can get the wallpapers to show.

inobe
December 19th, 2011, 07:58 PM
how exactly do you achieve this?

just curious:D

Nir Friedman
December 19th, 2011, 08:18 PM
Haha, how do you get it working or how do you get it weird and buggy? I think the first time I tried to install the KDE wallpaper clock package off the website, and when I tried to install it, it failed. I didn't notice at the time but it might have actually gotten partway into the installation and caused the buggy version. To get it working for real, just go to plasma and add widgets, if you set it to most popular one of the first will be wallpaper clock. You install it, and then there will be new option in desktop settings.

If you don't use them, I'd recommend, as Vladstudios has beautiful wallpaper clocks, and of course it's functional as well. I have my task bar on the right side of the screen (because my laptop is 16:9 I can better afford horizontal than vertical real estate), so the time doesn't really fit in well on a vertical task bar. So this was a good solution for me.

inobe
December 19th, 2011, 08:41 PM
interesting, it doesn't work however my desktop has a nice shade of blue :lol:

no way to configure it either!