PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion

Unregistered
March 10th, 2005, 01:31 AM
I'm new to this site and the main site, so I may not have looked in the right places. However, a package list would be a good idea, particularly for the major packages (something like what's on Distro Watch might be good).

Also, I was wondering if there is more on the x86 install CD than the live CD. Although nice for those new to Linux, the live CD seemed a little underpowered for me (e.g, I did not see a C compiler or dev. headers). If in fact the install CD contains much more stuff, a blurb to that effect on the main site might be a good thing.

bored2k
March 10th, 2005, 01:40 AM
I'm new to this site and the main site, so I may not have looked in the right places. However, a package list would be a good idea, particularly for the major packages (something like what's on Distro Watch might be good).

Also, I was wondering if there is more on the x86 install CD than the live CD. Although nice for those new to Linux, the live CD seemed a little underpowered for me (e.g, I did not see a C compiler or dev. headers). If in fact the install CD contains much more stuff, a blurb to that effect on the main site might be a good thing.
http://ubuntuguide.org/ubuntu4.10.tar

For you're list of packages.

If you want a install package list , just open synaptic > status > installed ... et voila .