PDA

View Full Version : Online reference of Windows application menus

nc_jed
December 19th, 2011, 03:19 AM
I ran across this years ago and am now unable to find it. Additionally, the web has grown since then and every search is basically a dead end.

Somewhere on the internet is a clickable reference of application menus (Windows itself, as well as other popular applications like Word and Outlook). I.e. You click on the Start button and it shows, Programs, Settings, Run, etc. You click Settings, and it shows Control Panel, Printers, Networks, etc.

I am the de facto tech support for my family/friends (as I'm sure many of you are as well) but my last real experience with Windows is only through XP (I use at work and the other computers at home). With Windows 7 (which I have only used for 15 minutes at Best Buy), I understand the layout/structure is completely different.

I spent 1.5 hrs on the phone with my mother in law today (one of these 'What's a web browser, is that like my internet?' people) just trying verify what version of IE she had installed, installing IE9, and getting rid of the crapware add-on bars she's accumulated. Thank God for screenshots and email so I could get some basic menu structures, but I recalled back to that site.

Any of this sounding familiar to anyone?

- Jed

bluexrider
December 19th, 2011, 03:25 AM
Haven't seen one but will be on the lookout. Sounds interesting as there should be one out there