PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Garbled screen when successively reading pdf docs with adobe reader

39er
December 18th, 2011, 08:20 PM
I get a garbled screen after successively browsing and reading pdf documents and I have to reboot the pc to regain normal screen output again.

This issue has been on the back burner for a while and now I want to tackle the problem.

The O/S is Lucid 10.04 LTS and the graphic is rendered by way of a ATI Radeon HD 4200 chip on the mobo. The reader software is Adobe 9.0 installed from the Ubuntu software sources application. If further info is required for resolution please let me know.

It is not a critical issue, however repeat rebooting is annoying.

Assistance to fix the problem is much appreciated.

Thank you.
-39er

BC59
December 18th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Do you have installed the proprietary drivers for your ATI Radeon card?

39er
December 18th, 2011, 10:32 PM
I get a garbled screen after successively browsing and reading pdf documents and I have to reboot the pc to regain normal screen output again.

This issue has been on the back burner for a while and now I want to tackle the problem.

The O/S is Lucid 10.04 LTS and the graphic is rendered by way of a ATI Radeon HD 4200 chip on the mobo. The reader software is Adobe 9.0 installed from the Ubuntu software sources application. If further info is required for resolution please let me know.

It is not a critical issue, however repeat rebooting is annoying.

Assistance to fix the problem is much appreciated.

Thank you.
-39er
Yes I did. It only happens with pdf docs. Otherwise the graphics display is ok, IMHO.

BC59
December 18th, 2011, 10:43 PM
I don't know which browser you use, but there are several extensions and plugins for .pdf reading. You could try some to see if there is a difference.