PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Canīt auto mount volumes, can install ello,Emerald and changing logon screen account

Anakunda
December 17th, 2011, 04:54 PM
Hello, installed new Ubuntu on clean disk and have some problems with latest version.

1stly, the outer disks & partitions are not mounted upon logon, I have to do so manually via MountManager. How can I fix it so all volumes show on desktop upon logon as it was on older Ubuntus? Btw. executing Disk Tool does nothing. Maybe this may be related to the problem.

2ndly, I canīt find the themes builtin control panel. Tried to change look via Emerald but not installed. Trying to install via Software Center reports Not found, although search finds it. Alternative way to install Emerald? I.e. via apt-get?

3rdly, how can I change the theme and NumLock state at logon screen. I always have NumLock turned OFF which is annoying together with password containing numbers.

4thly, how can I turn off laptop builtin touchpad when external mouse is connected? Tried apt-get install touchpad-indicator which seems be ignored by touchpad (still ON)

Thnks