PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Left click stops working randomly...

THE_An0mOLy!
December 14th, 2011, 06:52 PM
Had this problem before with Charka before I uninstalled it but now after installing kubuntu 11.10 I've got it again...

For some reason left click randomly stops working as soon as I boot, sometimes only on specific windows, other times on everything... I can still navigate using my keyboard but I've never had this problem before with older versions of kubuntu..

I'm using a mionix naos 3200 mouse but as far as I'm aware the software downloadable from their site is only for tweaks and adjustments...

Any suggestions? ^^

THE_An0mOLy!
December 20th, 2011, 06:35 PM
I read an article somewhere on the wiki about grahpics freezes/lockups and how they can give the impression that the mouse has stopped working...

I had a look through the nvidia settings and made some changes but to no avail.

It's hard to describe the problem since it's only intermittent but very annoying at the same time. The entire desktop/screen still functions by keyboard just not by mouse (sometimes I can click certain things and not others, for example last night I could send a window to the back by clicking on its titlebar (??) even if it isn't intended... whilst I couldn't do anything else with the mouse yet I could with the keyboard =/)

Any suggestions? ^^

rockaday
April 12th, 2012, 03:57 PM
I'm not sure about your issue -- did you ever get it resolved? -- but I have the same mouse (which works great in Windows 7) and the sensitivity / acceleration does not seem to work very well in Ubuntu. I am suddenly very inaccurate with my cursor (there goes my Ubuntu RTS career).

The mouse doesn't come with drivers, but I'm wondering if the sensitivy change settings on the mouse work with Windows drivers better than Ubuntu drivers for it.

Anyone know of a driver that could be installed on Ubuntu that might help? (Or other solution?)

Thanks,

Rockaday