PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Two launchers running

bossa
December 14th, 2011, 10:10 AM
Hi All
First couple of installs with 11.10 and keep getting the same problem , could someone please advise .
I install ccsm then do compiz--replace and end up getting two launchers the 2D and the 3D . Whats the deal

Any advice guys please ?

bossa
December 14th, 2011, 12:08 PM
installed for third time now also installed ccsm . Altering any of the settings in the Unity plugin do not work. Dont want to go down the " compiz--replace " road as that did not work before.
Any ideas on how to alter settings in Unity ?
Actually altering any of the settings in ccsm dont work :(

mcduck
December 14th, 2011, 02:41 PM
Which session are you logging into? Unity or Unity-2D? (and if you are logging into Unity session, do you actually get Unity or the 2D version? If you get the 2D session then it's a graphics card/driver problem)

Running "compiz-replace" while in the 2D session sounds like you could easily end with both Unity versions arunning at the same time. And changes in Compizconfig not having any effect also sounds like you'd be using Unity-2D...

bossa
December 14th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Which session are you logging into? Unity or Unity-2D? (and if you are logging into Unity session, do you actually get Unity or the 2D version? If you get the 2D session then it's a graphics card/driver problem)

Running "compiz-replace" while in the 2D session sounds like you could easily end with both Unity versions arunning at the same time. And changes in Compizconfig not having any effect also sounds like you'd be using Unity-2D...

Hi Mate
Yeah as far as I know 3D session , I tried doing it in both "ubuntu" and "2D Ubuntu" The motherboard has the nvidia 6150 chip set and compiz worked fine on 10.04 .Ended up chucking in a slightly beefier FX card in....maybe that did the trick . Also the effects would only happen once I rebooted ( now). All is well now
Thanks for your reply