PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] When i try to install ubuntu i get a black screen?

animefreak873
December 14th, 2011, 12:32 AM
ok i have a HP pavilion dv6 and i want to install ubuntu but for some reason when i boot to the live cd for 11.10 it goes to a black screen same with wubi but when i use 11.04 it boots very well but one big problem I CANT GET WIFI ON EITHER OF THEM!!! so im soo mad and i really pulling my hair out!!!!.and its not just me other people are having the same problem!!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-Systems-and/How-to-Install-Ubuntu-In-pavilion-dv6-laptop/td-p/772981

PLEASE HELP ME!!

right now i have ubuntu 11.04 (installed with wubi) im using a WIRED internet connection but i still cant scan for networks =(.

ps i have 64bit

fantab
December 14th, 2011, 04:56 AM
Since you can "use 11.04 and it boots very well" your 11.10 is corrupt or has files missing.
I think you try re-downloading 11.10.iso and burn it to the disk at the slowest possible speed and try again.

As for the Networking Issue with WIFI, start a new thread in "Networking and Wireless" Section. I am sure you will find a solution.

sammiev
December 14th, 2011, 05:25 AM
When I installed 11.10 I came to the black screen just like you. I hit ENTER after waiting a few min and the HD started back up,then I got the screen. I did another install a few months later with a newer CD and a fresh download and ran into the same problem again. Once again I repeated the same steps and carried on. I hope it works for you.