PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] Xubuntu 10.04.3 LTS Upgrade

fleamour
December 13th, 2011, 06:50 PM
Recently installed latest Xubuntu, & was surprised to be offered upgrade path from 10.04.3 LTS to 11.10. Well my pooter is now a non booter, (I assume one hack too far.) & I am restoring an older image (10.04) & then upgrading again.

My question is, will the mini ISO CD offer the same upgrade feature or will I have to use the more traditional Xubuntu installer media?

Hopefully someone will know in advance, I'm gonna try it anyway, eventually.

:confused::confused::confused:

zvacet
December 14th, 2011, 01:54 PM
It had to be some kind of error,because you can not skip releases and 11.10 is not LTS.If you go with mini iso you will have to add DE (Xubuntu in your case) but source list will be the same,so I suppose and upgrade will be the same too.If 10.4 is working and you donīt need any new packages,stay with it until next LTS become available (April 2012).

fleamour
December 14th, 2011, 06:26 PM
Hmmm, strange. Have you heard much report of random freezing with 11.10? Maybe it's the faulty upgrade process, which you say is a bug.

I will try a fresh install as do not carry much data other than is already in the cloud. Very much like 11.10 along with few minor bug fixes. But if continues to freeze, will re-image LTS & await Pangolin.

Cheerz.