PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Getting KDE Wireless to start

jonnan
December 13th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Okay, I've generally preferred Gnome to KDE, but after three months of the hell that is Unity, I finally decided to quit punishing myself and try KDE/kubuntu.

It's very pretty - now can someone tell me how the heck you get the wireless to connect? I go into the settings area, I can select the wireless, it detects my network, I put in the key, it saves it to a kde wallet . . . and that's it. Nothing else ever happens - I don't even see anything like 'connect' or an error message or anything that indicates that something *SHOULD* be happening.

(I am suddenly recalling *why* I preferred gnome - KDE never gives you a clue what you're missing. You're just supposed to *know*, with your $^%@*# steve-jobs-spidey-zen or something.)

Anyway, I've googled a dozen articles on KDE wireless being broken, but not one yet that actually goes over setting up the wireless step by step on kde in the GUI. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks - Jonnan

jonnan
December 14th, 2011, 12:27 PM
Ignore - didn't work Monday night or Tuesday Morning before I went to work, came home prepped to dig into it some more and it stared at me going "What? Why wouldn't I be connected to the wireless?".

I blame Gremlins.