PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] half screen overlay

johnsail
December 13th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Since upgrading to 11.10 I have a half-screen (vertical half) overlay that appears when the mouse goes to the launch bar. It seems to originate as the launch bar and extends across to half screen. The original screen is visible and accessible behind this annoying overlay.

It seems to occur when additional workspaces are in use - I use them for virtual machines (Oracle Virtualbox) running XP.

Help please - cannot find the cause/solution anywhere.

John

johnsail
December 14th, 2011, 11:42 AM
More info:
Once into view, the overlay remains until the workspace is changed. It then disappears until the mouse ventures close to either side of the screen.
All things are visible behind the overlay but they appear "fuzzy" and the selection of an icon behind this overlay appears to be slow.
The overlay can be moved to the opposite side of the screen and can also be extended to cover the whole screen.
It's driving me crazy!!!!
John

johnsail
December 14th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Still more info:
The half screen overlay comes in with the launcher but does not disappear when the launcher auto-hides.
John

Frogs Hair
December 14th, 2011, 03:31 PM
Hello and Welcome johnsail

There is an orange box that will appearer when an application is pushed to the top or the desktop wall on the side . This appears prior to a widow resizing but the mouse by its self should not cause this .

Is this what you are seeing ? If not press print screen while this is happening and upload the screen shot from manage attachments from additional option below the reply screen .