December 13th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Hi, all

i'm new to the forum and wubi, and i did a very stupid move,
I currently encountered a problem with installing

here's my steps,

I try to install wubi 11.10 from Windows XP,
i followed step by step, and after it tell me to reboot,
and yes, i rebooted my computer and enter "Ubuntu" section
but it seems installation is not complete or maybe i miss some step, it has error of GXXXX not found in any drive, sorry i didn't remember what GXXX is.

after that i tried to boot from CD (i burned out the iso), and fortunately as i followed the installation step, i can complete the installation, and successfully log into ubuntu, ...

and after that, i think i have 2 versions of ubuntu installed in my computer, and i wanna try to remove ubunto that i installed in Windows XP earlier, so i logged into my Windows XP, tried to remove "ubuntu" from control panel... and yes ubuntu did successfully removed...

but after that, when i reboot, i can't see "ubuntu" on the boot section on the menu, and i checked the disc space, i am sure that ubuntu is still in my computer but i just do not how access it,

can someone give me a hint on how to access "ubuntu" or is there's anyway to remove/uninstall it...

thanks

TIM

bcbc
December 13th, 2011, 08:57 PM
Please boot from the live CD (boot the ubuntu cd and select "Try Ubuntu") and run the bootinfoscript (http://bootinfoscript.sourceforge.net/) and post the results back here.