PDA

View Full Version : Can a title of a post be edited?

stig
June 5th, 2006, 11:57 AM
Hi,
I wrote a post to the 5.10 Breezy forum a week ago about a serious problem with my Evolution software. I didn't get a reply so I followed it up on the Evolution mailing list. Eventually it was solved and I have added a reply to my Ubuntu forum post showing a link to the solution.
http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=185188

But I wanted to edit the Ubuntu post title to add "SOLVED" at the end as people do in other forums. I couldn't see how to do it - is there a way? If not, what do you recommend to draw attention to the fact that it is a solution?

Thanks!

frodon
June 5th, 2006, 03:20 PM
Concider it done ;)

Simple users don't have the needed rights to edit thread titles so when you need to change a thread titles just send a Private Message to a moderator, he will do it for you.

stig
June 5th, 2006, 03:34 PM
Great work frodon - and thanks!

When I searched on the Ubuntu forums for the problem I had, there were related posts but no full solutions. Now people will be able to search and find this one easily.

Oh well, now it's time I showed some courage and updated to dapper - time to back-up! (I hope you won't have to make too many changes to your How-Tos to make them Dapper-friendly - or perhaps they already are.)

Bye!

jdong
June 6th, 2006, 11:24 PM
Concider it done ;)

Simple users don't have the needed rights to edit thread titles so when you need to change a thread titles just send a Private Message to a moderator, he will do it for you.

Psst... dude, we've been over this before. You charge 5 bucks per changed character and send it over to my PayPal account. Got it? Now don't mess up again! ;)

kassetra
June 7th, 2006, 12:54 AM
Psst... dude, we've been over this before. You charge 5 bucks per changed character and send it over to my PayPal account. Got it? Now don't mess up again! ;)

well that explains your new laptop.