PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] triple boot/Raid 0 -x2 arrays

namutnubuk
December 11th, 2011, 07:53 PM
Hi all, I have a complex setup i am trying to achieve, and well, not sure how to exactly do it. My plan is to setup a triple boot system consisting of Windows 7, a flavour of hackintosh (iatkos), and my favorite linux flavour, kubuntu, complete with the eye stimulating boot menu rEFIt, these operating systems will be installed to a striping array consisting of 3 drives equaling 1.5 tbs. On the other hand, i have a second striping array consisting of 2 drives equaling 3 tbs (both arrays are hardware raid) that is going to be my shared media partition, in which the 3 OS's can read and write from and to. ive tried to figure it out myself for quite some time now and have looked through dozens of forums only to find that no one (to my knowledge) has attempted a setup exactly like this, the problem i am stuck at is getting kubuntu to mount the 3tb array formatted in ext3 as /home, as well just mounting it after installation as the same fs, and formatted in ntfs. i think this setup would be most ultimate if it is possible, any help or ideas would be MUCH appreciated.

namutnubuk
December 14th, 2011, 08:38 PM
elbumpo

namutnubuk
December 18th, 2011, 11:07 AM
is there anybody.... out there??? with the same creative mind as me?