PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] instalation wont start

vlada92
December 9th, 2011, 10:52 PM
i have problem installing Ubuntu eater from USB or CD,when booting starts after a while i get frozen screen with lots of dashes all over screen,it occurs after,i think,system checking.

MAFoElffen
December 10th, 2011, 12:58 AM
i have problem installing Ubuntu eater from USB or CD,when booting starts after a while i get frozen screen with lots of dashes all over screen,it occurs after,i think,system checking.
Describe your equipment- CPU, video, How much memory?

oldtimer7777
December 10th, 2011, 04:01 AM

Try is this way:

https://debianhelp.wordpress.com/2011/09/12/to-do-list-after-installing-ubuntu-11-10-aka-oneiric-ocelot/

MAFoElffen
December 10th, 2011, 04:55 AM
Try is this way:

https://debianhelp.wordpress.com/2011/09/12/to-do-list-after-installing-ubuntu-11-10-aka-oneiric-ocelot/
Nice article for people in a perfect world, but did you read the OP's first post? That "is" what he is doing and then "Poof," the installer goes south, freezing on a hardware probe.

If the OP instead ised "Try" then installed from the Desktop, then he could look at the syslog to she would the hardware probe hit and what the error was.

If the OP can't run the LiveImage, then he could try different boot options to see what helped to run the Live Image.

Personally, I've never heard of dashes being drawn across a screen on an install. Now hex dumps, I've seen a lot of those on errors.

oldtimer7777
December 10th, 2011, 05:04 AM
Unless they are trying to install Wubi, which is probably the situation. The link would provide an alternative method to install Ubunu for users having issues installing Ubuntu in Wubi. Without more information, we just don't know, but from my experience with this kind of issue the link may help them to figure that out for themselves.

Nice article for people in a perfect world, but did you read the OP's first post? That "is" what he is doing and then "Poof," the installer goes south, freezing on a hardware probe.

If the OP instead ised "Try" then installed from the Desktop, then he could look at the syslog to she would the hardware probe hit and what the error was.

If the OP can't run the LiveImage, then he could try different boot options to see what helped to run the Live Image.

Personally, I've never heard of dashes being drawn across a screen on an install. Now hex dumps, I've seen a lot of those on errors.

MAFoElffen
December 10th, 2011, 05:27 AM
Unless they are trying to install Wubi, which is probably the situation. The link would provide an alternative method to install Ubunu for users having issues installing Ubuntu in Wubi. Without more information, we just don't know, but from my experience with this kind of issue the link may help them to figure that out for themselves.
True. Personality, I don't do Wubi...

Lechmy
December 10th, 2011, 03:08 PM
Hi,it me who have problem i just used vlada92's account to ask for help,im totaly new at this and i really im sick and tired of Windows so i would really like to move to Ubunty
Ok u asked for more info:Widows XP SP 3(32-bit),Intel Celeron 2.8 GHz,512MB DDR RAM,Radeon 9200,80GB HDD
I tryed everything,especialy Wubu isnt working at all,i tryed same disk as friends PC,it is working ok hor him,from USB i get to menu where i can choose do i want to run from USB,Install to HDD,test memory and something else,when i try to instal or run from USB it starts "testing" ,i think,it goes really fast but it stops at on sec and i can see :"No Plug and Play Plug-in" or something like that and then daches all over screen,sometime are diferent like it freezes or something.if someone can help me,pls do :),also when i try Wubi i get some kindy error,it cant read some file

Lechmy
December 10th, 2011, 06:18 PM
Well,i tryed older versions and 9.10 installed without problems

Lechmy
December 10th, 2011, 11:13 PM
it isn't easy to work on Ubuntu so i'll return to Windows for now and learn Ubuntu by starting it from USB

kalique
December 10th, 2011, 11:46 PM
I have a similar problem, I have windows 7 but I want to replace it with Ubuntu 10.10. When I insert the Ubuntu CD it starts well and shows me the two installation options and another option for 'more information'. When I click on 'demo and full installation' it requires that I boot from CD. My BIOS is set to start booting from CD but it goes right to windows everytime I reboot with the Ubuntu CD in the CDROM.

NB/ I had previously installed Ubuntu inside windows and uninstalled to go all Ubuntu