PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] no root password request when opening synaptic or gparted

alami
December 8th, 2011, 03:29 PM
EDIT: Turns out that the base problem is this... "polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1" is not starting on the first boot/login of lubuntu but will only start if I log out and log back in again. Can anyone solve this problem?

My issue is that I have created my on installation of Lubuntu starting from a minimal install, and now whenever i first login i cannot use synaptic or gparted except when started through the terminal. after comparing this issue with my laptop installation i discovered that the process "polkit-gnome-authentication-1" or something like that was not running when i started up my desktop.

Interestingly, when i log out and then log back in, everything works correctly, and the process has already started without me having done anything except logout and log back in. I tried reinstalling the libpolkit and the gksu libraries, but it didnt work.

Also just for refference since i dont know if it is a related issue... when i first bootup the screen resolution of the login manager is not set to the level i applied through lxrandr, however, when i log in and log back out that issue is resolved as well.

pls help. Thanks :-)

marinara
December 9th, 2011, 05:46 PM
please post contents of the
/etc/xdg/lxsession/Lubuntu/autostart
if you're session is Lubuntu
or
from the LXDE if you're using that

alami
December 10th, 2011, 06:36 AM
Yeah sure, here you go :-)

@lxpanel --profile Lubuntu
@xscreensaver -no-splash
@xfce4-power-manager
@pcmanfm --desktop --profile lubuntu
@/usr/lib/policykit-1-gnome/polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1

thanks

marinara
December 11th, 2011, 02:02 PM
do you select Lubuntu on the login screen the first time?

sorry I can't help more

alami
December 15th, 2011, 11:44 PM
yes i have tried it with both lubuntu and with default