PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Uninstalling Ubuntu 11.04

anand.roongta
December 8th, 2011, 02:44 PM
Hey..
I run ubuntu 11.04 (32 bit) on my laptop. It's not dual booted and i have a 160 GB HDD completely installed with ubuntu. No partitions. I want to uninstall Ubuntu completely as I have to give the laptop to my mom and she needs windows.

When I try booting from windows 7 install disk it just wont boot. I'v tried it may times. I read that it can be done by live booting and using gparted but even the LiveCD doesnt boot.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

darkod
December 8th, 2011, 02:49 PM
During the windows install just delete all partitions, create new one for windows and install.

Your bigger problem right now sounds that you can't boot with the windows disc to install it. What point does removing ubuntu have if you can't install windows? Which OS will it use?

Make sure you have cd-rom as first boot device, and when the cd asks to press any key to boot from it, press any key.

anand.roongta
December 8th, 2011, 03:05 PM
CD-ROM is set as as the primary boot device. Forget the Windows Install Disk. It doesn't even boot the LiveCD of natty.. At least it should boot that.. I cant seem to understand the problem.