PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problems Installing Ubuntu

Nsharpy
December 7th, 2011, 08:21 PM
Hey,

Im trying to install Ubuntu as my main OS instead of windows, i tried making a bootable USB with it on, but my computer never came up with the option to choose boot order, or choose what to boot, so i plugged in another Hard drive and tried installing it onto that and i just got a error stating "windowsbackend-object-has-no-atribute-iso"

Please can someone help

BC59
December 7th, 2011, 08:32 PM
We need some more information. You are trying to make a bootable USB using windows to do it? Which program you are using? Can you burn a CD instead? (recommended).
Which Ubuntu version you like to install?

Nsharpy
December 7th, 2011, 08:37 PM
Im using Universal USB, I may be able to make a CD if i can find a blank disc, im trying to install Ubuntu 11.10

BC59
December 7th, 2011, 08:42 PM
Try first with a USB. But from Windows you should install the program unetbootin to make a bootable USB.
Then try to change the boot order from the BIOS of your computer to accept booting from USB.

Deuce1912
December 8th, 2011, 03:47 AM
Universal USB is what I use to make my linux usb drives. Its super easy to use. Are you selecting the usb drive on boot? Either switch to usb to boot off of from the bios or press the appropriate key to select one time boot selection. (Mine is F11)

I hope this helps you solve your problem.

oldtimer7777
December 8th, 2011, 05:03 AM
Use the 2nd option on the downloads page at Ubuntu.com downloads section..

And here is a nice guide to get that just right:

https://debianhelp.wordpress.com/2011/09/12/to-do-list-after-installing-ubuntu-11-10-aka-oneiric-ocelot/

Hey,

Im trying to install Ubuntu as my main OS instead of windows, i tried making a bootable USB with it on, but my computer never came up with the option to choose boot order, or choose what to boot, so i plugged in another Hard drive and tried installing it onto that and i just got a error stating "windowsbackend-object-has-no-atribute-iso"

Please can someone help