PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] Problems with panel and kiosk-mode

lutz09
December 7th, 2011, 07:45 PM
Hello everyone,

please excuse my bad English. I'm not a native speaker but I'll try my best.
(I don't know what the system messages would be in English. I am translating them from the German messages on my system.)

I have installed XFCE on a already exsiting Ubuntu-11.10-Installation (with Unity).

When I start XFCE I get a small window saying "No running xfce4-panel found. Do you want to start it?"
I then start the panel from this message-window.
I have already configured the session-manager to save the session, but I get the above mentioned message every time I start XFCE.

Also every time I start XFCE I get the message that XFCE is running in kiosk-mode and I would not be able to change the configuration of the panel.
But I am able to change the configuration of the panel and everything else. All changes are saved and are in effect when I restart the system.
I have never configured my system for kiosk-mode and there is no file at $/etc/xdg/xfce4/kiosk/kioskrc. There is not even a folder $/etc/xdg/xfce4/kiosk/.

Any ideas how to get rid of the two system-messages at system start?

Thanks

gellati
August 23rd, 2012, 04:19 AM
Did anyone come up with a solution to this? I would be interested, since I have the same problem. The panel has to be restarted after each login, and it only runs in kiosk mode, even though I have never set it for kiosk mode. The panel is also incomplete after this problem occured: there is no system tray, no way to control the sound level, no network connections, the button/link with the users name in the top right corner is missing, applications menu is missing and active applications are not visible on the panel.

Is there a way to restore the original panel? I have tried some of the suggestion on the internet, but they don't seem to work.