PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] Compiz and cairo not saving upon reboot (Xubuntu)

dklic6
December 7th, 2011, 01:40 AM
I just came over from the dark side of win7 and I'm dual booting. I'm using xubuntu because I really did not care for the whole unity thing. The problem I'm having:
I install and set the advanced settings for compiz with the cube, exploding windows, etc etc. It will work the entire time my pc is running. But when I restart I lose everything and cannot get them to function through the gui on the settings menu. Please keep in mind that I'm new to linux and I've tried searching on Google for a fix.
Thanks in advance,
-D

wildmanne39
December 7th, 2011, 03:52 AM
Hi, have a look at this link I just finished writing the guide for setting up the cube and effects and it talks about that issue.
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CompositeManager
Thank you

dklic6
December 7th, 2011, 06:31 AM
Thanks wildmanne. I tried those methods. The problem that keeps occurring is that every time I try to disable the cube or change any of the settings, the settings manager closes. After I start it up again the value that I tried to change is not changed. I can uninstall it all and install to get the effects, but that is counterproductive and time consuming.

wildmanne39
December 7th, 2011, 07:02 AM
I install and set the advanced settings for compiz with the cube, exploding windows, etc etc. It will work the entire time my pc is running. But when I restart I lose everything and cannot get them to function through the gui on the settings menu..
Hi, I believe that the answer is in the xubuntu section, you need to install compiz fusion icon and add it to the startup, have another look, I spent 4 weeks making sure all the ubuntu's worked and finding a way to make them but not always like they do in plain ubuntu.

mikodo
December 10th, 2011, 01:37 AM
Hi, I believe that the answer is in the xubuntu section, you need to install compiz fusion icon and add it to the startup, have another look, I spent 4 weeks making sure all the ubuntu's worked and finding a way to make them but not always like they do in plain ubuntu.
Thank you for the guide. This really shows the configurabiltiy of all the variants of Ubuntu well. I will be using your hints for Xubuntu. It is added, to my ever expanding folder of "Xubuntu how to's".

:)

wildmanne39
December 10th, 2011, 02:07 AM
Hi, your welcome!