PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Help with creating additional users in preseed file

the_gripmaster
December 7th, 2011, 12:40 AM
It is possible to create one user in the preseed file. Is there a way to add additional users using the preseed file?

Thankls.

deonis
December 7th, 2011, 03:57 AM
I am not sure that I understand what you mean... You want to add a user to the group of users ? Is this what you want ?

the_gripmaster
December 7th, 2011, 04:15 AM
I am not sure that I understand what you mean... You want to add a user to the group of users ? Is this what you want ?

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, it's lot more complicated than that but yes, I want to add multiple users.

Preseeding is a technology using which it is possible to do unattended Ubuntu installations. I need to add multiple users using preseeding. It is possible to add one user using preseeding but not multiple. My question is how to add multiple users using this preseeding technology.

deonis
December 7th, 2011, 04:24 AM
Thank you for the explanation. I know nothing about it. I did something like this with windows. I assume you need some sort answer file to tell the installer what you want?

the_gripmaster
December 7th, 2011, 04:55 AM
Thank you for the explanation. I know nothing about it. I did something like this with windows. I assume you need some sort answer file to tell the installer what you want?

Correct. I already have a working file. It seems it is only possible to add one user.

What I am trying to do is possible to do using kickstart (Redhat technology for automated installs): useradd command in the %postinstall section.